Eileen Stevenson was born in London, Ontario and moved to Ottawa at a young age where her interest in art developed over a number of years. Her formal training began with nationally known artists at the Buckhorn School of Art, Loyalist College, St. Lawrence College, Algonquin College and numerous artist workshops. Hours of study and experimentation have led to self taught techniques and her interest in photography provides inspiration for her paintings.
Eileen has taught workshops in drawing, coloured pencil, and perspective. She currently teaches watercolour classes, from her home studio. Students are encouraged to develop their own style using new and innovative techniques, enabling them to progress at their own pace. She admires the work of Carol Evans, Zolton Szabo, Terrance Andrews, Brian Atyeo, Carl Brenders, Gordon Harrison, Garnet Hazard and Arleta Pech.
- “Experimental Garden”, Honourable Mention, NFAL, Members’ Night Exhibition
- “Exotic Three”, Best in Show, Orchid Society Show
- “Pansy Face Orchid”, Third Place, Orchid Society Show
- “Stained Glass Slipper”, First Place, Orchid Society Show
- “Up the Garden Path”, Honourable Mention, NFAL, Members’ Night Exhibition
- “Symbol of the North”, Honourable Mention, Kanata Art Club, Juried Art Show
- “Peaceful Illusion”, Award of Excellence, NFAL, Members’ Night Exhibition
- "Zen Waters", Honourable Mention, NFAL, Members Night Exhibition